Friday, February 24, 2012

Struggle with Mac

     As a new bee to Mac, it was difficult to use it for some development in technical stuff . All of a sudden If my windows system does not suit for my application development, I can not replace it by a Mac. So I decided to use Virtual Machine on Windows 7 to run Mac X OS. I tried downloading a couple of versions like Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion. It consumed a lot of time to fix Mac on Windows 7 due to hardware limitations for the Mac X OS , But finally I could able to run Mac X OS Leopard 10.5.5 on VMWare in my Windows 7. 
       Initially the Mac is not supported to run sbt, Mac that I run misses some applications like Xcode, MacPort. After Installation of Xcode and MacPort in Mac, I could able to install sbt with the following command . 

$ sudo port install sbt 

after installing sbt . I want to show you what I got, an error
After wasting 2 days of time in exploring possibilities of running  mac in Wndows7, Initially it went well, but finally the Mac did not boot due to some hardware limitations.  I am tied and gave it up .
Now I decided to jump to Ubuntu 11.10. I made my system dual boot this time, Windows7 and Ubuntu

No comments:

Post a Comment